Sunday, August 3, 2014

Some Good Reads

I’m no expert by any means, but I have been reading about sailing and voyaging like it’s my job. My favorite book so far is Voyaging on a Small Income, by Annie Hill, which covers everything you could want to know about just that. I also like the fact that she covers how to store food, which I haven’t read about elsewhere, and she also cruises on a low-tech boat. The Complete Sailor by David Seidman was also fantastic, and was also the book that got everything started. If you want to learn the ropes (literally) on how to sail, this is the book for you. Chapman Piloting and Seamanship has also been a good reference book for a more in-depth coverage of topics like rope work, navigation, weather, and pretty much everything else. As for World Cruising Routes and the Celestial Navigation for Yachtsmen, I’ll have to let you know. 

          All this reading is just a gear up for the boat visit, which is less than a month away now. I’m very hopeful that this boat is everything that I’m hoping, but if not, I am well aware of the endless supply of sailing vessels out there (as I look at them daily). My fingers are crossed! Here are a few pictures to whet your appetite,  with many more to come before the month is out!



No comments:

Post a Comment